What is Bowen Therapy
The Bowen Technique uses a series of simple, gentle moves across muscle and connective tissue. It is similar to tuning a stringed instrument that sends harmonic vibrations that balance the body. Because it works in harmony with the body, the Bowen Technique is incredibly effective for any muscular, skeletal, or nerve imbalance. It has also been successful in treating chronic pain due to injury. The technique is so gentle it can be used on anyone from infants to the elderly. It produces a deep relaxation and can release blocked emotional energy, which can accelerate the healing process.
Asthma, scoliosis, relieving pain, frozen shoulder, decreases stress, treats Fibromyalgia, hip and back problems, muscular & skeletal injury, autonomic nervous system imbalances, chronic pain due to injury, emotional trauma, sciatica and other pains associated with your muscles and skeletal system.
What is Reiki
‘rei’=universal ‘ki’=life energy
Reiki (pronounced ‘raykey’) is a spiritual healing art – the practice of transmitting healing energy through the hands. Reiki is a subtle and effective form of energy healing which brings about healing on a physical, mental, emotional and spiritual levels. Reiki is based on the philosophy that there is a universal energy that supports the body’s inherent self-healing abilities.
You can use Reiki as a wonderful complementary therapy in a personal wellness or healing program. Reiki is intended to be used to improve your own personal wellness – not just illness. Reiki is used for stress reduction, relaxation and symptom relief in efforts to improve overall health and well-being and it is almost always a very relaxing experience.
We are holding Reiki Circles on the first Sunday of the month generally from 1-3 pm. Click on Reiki Healing Light link on the left under links.
I have found that using Bowen & Reiki during a treatment or session helps the client to relax and enjoy both modalities. Reiki goes where it is needed and Bowen allows the body to start healing. Adding Chryophase helps with pain.
Healing using rocks, minerals and crystals. The seven cleansing stones are:
1) Nephrite JADE is calcium magnesium, the components that initiate detoxification within the human body.
2) Amber, the stone that connects our bodies to the memory of wellness as contained in our DNA.
3) Hematite, iron oxide, the blood purifier for the younger generation being those under the age of 55 and Carnelian for those 55 and older.
4) Pyrite is for oxygen purification in the form of iron sulfide.
5) Smokey quartz, with its tiny clusters of aluminum atoms, is for the purification of water.
6) Cobalt is for radiation toxicity and the thyroid gland that it impacts, we use a piece of the Zag meteorite.
7) Old Clay, or pipestone, is for regulation of the immune systems.
These stones can be heal for up to 20 minutes 4 times a day, or you can take 2 drops of Essence 4 times a day or mix and match between the hand method and Essence. Hand method is faster than using the Essence, but both are effective.
There are other stones that can be added to the seven cleansers for specific conditions.